Friday, June 29, 2018

Do Badan

I do have some liking for films, but film stars and their acting have always fascinated me.Whatever little  information I have about the film world has been gleaned in the past by browsing through film magazines like, Filmfare, Star & Style, Stardust and the Screen .Due to self imposed restrictions I never saw a movie in a Cinema Hall throughout my student life. I watched some very good movies like Dosti, Jagriti, Ashirwaad, Mamta, Kabuliwala, Saat Hindustani and Suhaag aur Sindoor etc.  shown by the Publicity and Public Relations Department in Mohallas and localities on 16mm projector , and the ones shown tax free for which we as kids were taken to cinema hall or the DAV Lakkar Bazar which had a projector.I remember having watched Boot Polish , Gurubhakti Eklavya, & Sampooran Ramayan thus.I saw movies in higher classes when my own School got a projector of their own.
In 1972, Do Badan, a 1965 Blockbuster was having a rerun at one of the Cinema Halls in Shimla, and some  friends decided to watch it on a Sunday,with strict instructions to me to make it to the Cinema Hall positively and on time. I knew that the movie had a star cast of my favourites like Manoj Kumar, Asha Parekh, Pran and Manmohan Krishan but  somehow my resolve of not seeing a movie from home got the better of me and I decided not to go.
The next day when we met in the College, one by one all those friends gave me a bit of their mind telling inter alia that  they had a hard time selling the ticket purchased for me.
I did see a few movies in Cinema Hall after student life but none after 1986.

No comments:

Post a Comment