Tuesday, May 30, 2023

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY :

Not a shopaholic by any stretch of imagination or definition, I have loved to spend money on books, which I happened to read also. No other item or object  caught my fancy when I was in service. As for clothes and dresses, I always relied and depended on my wife to get these for me.  It has been Raymond for trousers and spun fabric for shirts. Later I switched over to readymade shirts which my wife bought for me. I never bothered about brands though I knew a few of them like Zodiac, Van Heusen, Arrows and the like.

Post retirement  I started ordering books and readymade  shirts online and getting trousers stitched time to time as per requirement. Then came the Covid phase which resulted in forced stay at home and later restricted movements. Even though situation is much relieved and relaxed now, I still adhere to the regime of restricted movements outside with Shimla city. My only visits have been to places outside Shimla where kids live.

With all the spare time at my disposal I keep browsing through Amazon etc., and come across pictures of fancy branded shirts. The cheapest  Zodiac shirt comes with a price tag of ₹ 2499/ -.Contemplating to order one, I stop midway, as what is the utility of buying these if I am to stay indoors !

 Same is the case with books. My reading habit has also taken a back seat. Quite a few books are waiting to be read. So why buy more to  lie unread & gather dust ! Still I ordered one last month.


A big dilemma...... indded !!

No comments:

Post a Comment