Thursday, March 1, 2018

Bura Na Mano Holi Hai

Decades back when I was a  District  officer in one of the outlying  offices, my ' bossy' boss at the Headquarters for  reasons best known  to him was not kindly disposed towards me and used to give us tough time   whenever he came visiting on tour.We were supposed to give progress for some extra work not directly related to our line of duty and expectations of superiors ran very high, despite the constraints one was face to face with in the field. One more reason , as now I can guess in retrospect was myself being the male version of a ' plain Jane', , not a glib talker and quite unlike the' do chavanni and tell rupaiya' types.The vernacular news papers  of the day, on the occasion of Holi would carry a special supplement  giving some special ' fake' news.
That year  when the' news' of the transfer of my said boss among others appeared as a  headline, I heaved a sigh of relief . But  this sense of relief on my part was short lived as at the end of the news was inserted the line' Bura Na Mano Holi Hai'.
All said, my said boss, the tongue lashes hurled at us by him notwithstanding, was not bad at heart . I was happy to be among the chosen few to receive a  thanksgiving communication from him when in due course he  got transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment