Thursday, December 27, 2018

A MINI DISASTER IN THE KITCHEN

  1. At about 10:15 in the morning, mywife calls me out loud from the kitchen, "Zara jaldi ao toh ! ." This is enough to scare me out of my wits as I too keep going to the kitchen to do small chores like preparing tea, warming water to drink and  boiling milk and I fear something might have gone amiss.I rush to the kitchen and my wife points to the cracked crystal/ toughened glass top of the gas stove in front.My wife had warmed some ghee on a burner for pooja and there is this cracking sound and damage to the stove that has served us for almost a decade. Mercifully I have had my breakfast . Fearing that some broken pieces might have found way into the cookware atop, the cooked vegetable, even though covered has to be thrown.
In the evening we go to the bazaar, get a new gas stove, the dealer offering some rebate on the old damaged stove.The salesman advises us not to go for the auto ignition, as according to him disaster has occurred due to that. Agreeing, we go for the manual option with the lighter.
Much to our relief, the person bringing the stove, fixes it and takes the old one.
All this happened yesterday .

No comments:

Post a Comment