Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Height does (not) matter !

I remember I was  3'-10" as nine year old and in fifth class.At that time it felt good to be so diminutive and in fifth class. This misplaced 'feel- good' continued till class Nine, when I had  reached 4'-7" . Surprisingly, I gained seven inches during the Winter vacation that followed my entry into  class Ten, and I measured 5'-2". The natural process of gaining height stopped when I reached 5'- 7.1/2".
A middle height by all yards but surprisingly I wished that it were 5'-10" at least so that I did not have to look upto those of this height.
I wonder if others sailing in the same boat have felt like wise, though history is replete with examples of short people gaining heights through remarkable achievements in various fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment